hands free toll tag
Take the motorway in complete liberty!
Make concession motorway driving more simple
Liber-t is the hands free automatic toll payment system used on all French concession motorways that make payment more simple and facilitates traffic flow through toll barriers.
No longer the need to find some change or debit and credit cards; thanks to the hands free automatic toll tag installed in your vehicle, the toll barrier automatically lifts up on your approach.
The monthly cost of your motorway journeys is then automatically debited from your bank or post office account.
How to install your hands free automatic toll tag?
For optimum use, the toll tag holder must be fixed at the top of the windscreen, a little to the left of the rear-view mirror, and within the area marked by black spots or shaded in grey. The toll tag barcode must be facing the driver.
- Make sure that the area of the windscreen on which you are going to stick the holder is clean. Avoid fixing the holder when the windscreen is warm or hot.
- Test the positioning of the holder before removing the adhesive pad protection film. Make sure that the badge can be inserted and removed easily.
- Remove the protective film. Stick the holder to the windscreen in the correct position without the toll tag inserted.
- Insert the toll tag into the holder.
- Why is the precise position of the toll tag on the windscreen important?
- The majority of vehicles are now equipped with reflective windscreen that reflect infrared radiation. Car makers reserve an area on the windscreen without this protection so that the toll tag can function correctly. If you cannot locate this area as described above, please refer to your car's user manual or call Alis Customer Services on (33) (0)2 32 20 21 70.
- What is the purpose of the toll tag barcode label?
- If the toll tag is not functioning properly, the badge can be identified manually. Do not remove the label nor damage it, otherwise, you will be obliged to pay by another means of payment. If the toll tag is not functioning properly, do not try to open it. Please contact Alis Customer Services on (33) (0)2 32 20 21
- When you pass through automatic toll tag detecting toll barriers, the badge must be inserted in the holder, on the windscreen. Any handling of the toll tag whilst driving though the toll barrier lane can affect the operation of the toll tag and stop the barrier from opening.
- If you do not wish to pay the toll nor the car park using your toll tag, remove the tag from the holder and put it away in the protective bag supplied with the tag. The toll tag will thus not be detected by the detector aerial.
- When the toll tag is not in use, put it away in the protective bag in order to avoid premature use of the batteries.
- The live span of the battery is about five years (the battery cannot be replaced). The life span can be reduced if the tag:
- is exposed to a source of excessive heat,
- is in the immediate vicinity of a mobile phone,
- is in a vehicle that is parked in an area that is equipped with a hyper frequency radar surveillance system.